1 Feb 2021 – 31 Dec 2021 All day
Further Education and Training Certificate: Telecommunication Network Operations SAQA US ID: 59057
The purpose of this Qualification is to build competencies required by learners in broadcast engineering to enable them to work as technicians in the broadcast industry. The acquisition of knowledge and skills will empower learners to respond to challenges in the broadcasting environment and the changing world of work where the Broadcast Technician is an important extension of the Engineering field.
- Understanding of Telecommunication switching systems
- Provide customer support on telecommunication services
- Install large network elements
- Perform indoor optical fibre testing
- Site for installation
- Grade (12) Communications and language skills at NQF Level 4
- Mathematics and Science at NQF Level 4
- End user computing skills
- Telecom Network Technician
- Optical fibre Technician
- Networks operator
This qualification was developed to allow for further study in Information and Communication Technology and related fields at Higher Education levels once they are developed.