National Certificate: Electronics
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
LEVEL: NQF LEVEL 3
Intake Dates: 17 January, 6 June and 5 September 2022
National Certificate: Electronics SAQA US ID: 59569
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO SHAPE UP YOUR FUTURE & NOT BE LEFT BEHIND THE DIGITAL REVOLOTUION
This qualification intends to set standards for a typical learner entering the field of electronics. It will provide learners with foundational, basic knowledge and experiential skills to be able to perform in the electronics field. It will be valuable to potential learners who may have been working or practicing within the electronics field such as electronics artisans, shopfloor workers working within the electronics environment who do not have formal education in electronics and any person wishing to join the electronics field thus providing them with the opportunity for formal recognition of their skills and knowledge through Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Inspect and test electrical circuits
- Draw and interpret electrical diagrams
- Determine common electronic faults and conduct generic electronic tests
- Grade 10 (Std. 8) or
- Communication, NQF Level 2.
- Mathematics, NQF level 2.
- Computer Literacy, NQF Level 2
- Electric Engineering
- Manufacturing, Product and Development Support
- Competent students can study for Electronics Servicing Technology, NQF Level 3.
- Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering, NQF Level 3.