National Certificate: Broadcast Engineering
National Certificate: Broadcast Engineering SAQA US ID: 48792
THE QUALIFICATION ALOWS FOR INITIAL EMPLOYMENT IN THE BROADCAST INDUSTRY.
The purpose of this Qualification is to build competencies required by learners in broadcast engineering to enable them to work as technicians in the broadcast industry. The acquisition of knowledge and skills will empower learners to respond to challenges in the broadcasting environment and the changing world of work where the Broadcast Technician is an important extension of the Engineering field.
- Install broadcast equipment
- Maintain broadcast head-end systems
- Repair or replace broadcast equipment
- Develop a business plan for a small business
- United Kingdom (NQF Level 5-6)
- Grade 12 (matric) Communications and language skills at NQF Level 4
- Mathematics and Science at NQF Level 4
- End user computing skills
- Broadcast IT systems engineer
- Broadcast network engineer
- Broadcast maintenance engineer
This qualification articulates vertically with the bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Electrical.